You can easily choose to start from scratch and upload your own design to Accredible. Here's some important things to consider before you start:
Firstly, File formatting: PDF is not an acceptable format. You will need to convert you file to PNG, JPG or GIF in order to use it. There are various free online tools to do this, if you have a Macintosh computer you can use preview to export the PDF as a PNG file.
Secondly, it's important to understand the way that the Accredible platform uses attributes to amend data within a certificate and how this affects your certificate design (If you haven't already done so, please read our Introduction to Attributes here). What this essentially means is that you can't just hard write all the text onto the certificate template and then upload it, because the platform won't be able to edit any of those text elements.
Our best practise advice for uploading a template would be to upload a background and any images you want and then use the Accredible certificate design editor to add in the text attributes that you would like to change depending on who is receiving the certificate. This includes things like the Course Name, Issue Date, Recipient Name, Course Tutor etc. This way you can use one single design for multiple courses and recipients and let the platform do the hard work.
To upload your design follow these steps:
- Log into your Accredible Account
- Then select 'Certificate Designs' in the top menu and click '+ New Certificate Design'
- You will be taken to the design editor. To add your template, click 'Background image' from the design editors menu and then select the background that you have prepared. You will then see this load into the certificate design.
- You can then upload any images you would like and start to add in the text attributes that you need.
- Once you're done, give the certificate design a name and click save.