In this guide we’re going to look at setting up your first group. A group is a place for you to store, manage and issue the credentials for a specific course, accreditation, event or achievement. Ideally you want to create a group for each different course or accreditation that you offer.
Below is an example of some groups that have been created within Accredible. We can see that this issuer runs three courses and, as such, they have set up 3 groups, one for each course.
To view the above section in your account just click “Groups” in the top menu. Although, right now, it might look a little empty… :(
So let’s change that! To set up a new group follow these steps:
1. Head to the top menu and click “Groups”, then select “+ credential group”.
2. Now start filling in the group information on the group settings page. You’ll need the following:
- A group name - This should be the exact course or achievement name (This is important as it will potentially be pulled onto the certificate design, you’ll learn more about this later)
- A group identifier - This is an internal code for you to use to identify the group it could be something like a module code or Accreditation number.
- A course description - This will appear below the credential when its viewed, it should be a good summary of the credential you are offering.
- A course website - Viewers of these credentials will be directed here when they click on the 'Course Name' in the description of the credential.
3. You’re done! Hit save in the bottom left corner and your first group is set up! Just rinse and repeat for any other courses that you have.