In this guide we’re going to look at setting up your first group. A group is a place for you to store, manage and issue the credentials for a specific course, accreditation, event or achievement. Ideally you want to create a group for each different course or accreditation that you offer.
Below is an example of some groups that have been created within Accredible. We can see that this issuer runs three courses and, as such, they have set up 3 groups, one for each course.
To view the above section in your account just click “Groups” in the top menu. Although, right now, it might look a little empty… :(
So let’s change that! To set up a new group follow these steps:
1. Head to the top menu and click “Groups”, then select “+ credential group”.
2. Now start filling in the group information on the group settings page. You’ll need the following:
- A group name - This should be the exact course or achievement name (This is important as it will potentially be pulled onto the certificate design, you’ll learn more about this later)
- A group identifier - This is an internal code for you to use to identify the group it could be something like a module code or Accreditation number.
- A course description - This will appear below the credential when its viewed, it should be a good summary of the credential you are offering.
3. Then choose whether you are listed as company/association or a school/university on Linkedin. This will effect whether the credential is added into the education section or the certification section on Linkedin. If you don't offer an officially recognised degree it's best just to choose the Company or Association option.
4. Next add a url in the course link section. This will appear below the credential and is a great way to drive traffic back to your site or to your course page directly.
5. Select the Language you wish to use (Skip this step if English is required)
6. Enter in some learning outcomes. These also appear below the credential and give both students and public viewers of the credential a quick insight into what was learned by achieving the credential. Type each one individually and hit enter to confirm.
7. You’re done! Hit save in the bottom right hand corner and your first group is set up! Just rinse and repeat for any other courses that you have.