You can verify the information contained in an Accredible Open Badge file using Accredible's online verification tool.
Verifying an Accredible Open Badge Image
- Go to https://verify.accredible.com
- Select the Open Badge option.
- Click Select Image to Verify.
- Find the Open Badge image file on your computer, select the file and confirm the upload.
- Review the information displayed and ensure that the badge image contains the expected recipient and qualification.
Here's an example of a successful verification:
What Images Work?
An Open Badge image is a PNG file type. This is a common type of image file. You can download this from the sidebar of an Accredible credential. This image file can be shared and uplaoded to a third party badge backpack because it contains metadata about who owns the badge and what it recognizes.
A PNG image that does not have and Open Badge information will not be verified in Accredible's verification tool.