By default, Accredible sends emails on your behalf. However, you can optionally tell Accredible to to send mail through any other SMTP server.
Upsides to doing this
- You can have better delivery results - the emails come from you and you are in control of settings that can help delivery.
- The emails will come from your address rather than Accredible - good for branding and potentially to avoid spam filters.
- We’ll still let you customize your email appearance and templates on Accredible.
Downsides to doing this
- Accredible won't be able to report email bounces and those measurements will be accurate in your Analytics, since we won't have access to that information any longer.
Configure custom SMTP settings
- Head to Email settings in the Navigation bar on top of your dashboard.
- Click the SMTP Settings link on the left side of screen.
- Enter your SMTP Server settings. You may need someone technical on your team to enter these details if you aren't sure where to find them. Your ISP will often provide these settings.
- Save your changes and send yourself a test email to confirm that we're sending your emails from your custom email account.
- You should avoid using Port 25 if that is an option for your SMTP configuration.
- DKIM or SPF settings you previously configured with Accredible will no longer affect delivery, since emails will be sent from your server instead of Accredible's.