Once you have your integration setup, it's time to start issuing credentials!
If you have not yet set up the Moodle integration with Accredible yet, here is our guide to getting you up and running: Setting Up the Moodle Integration with Accredible
Creating a Certificate or Badge
Now the plugin is installed, you are ready to add an Accredible Item:
- Navigate to the course on Moodle that you would like to issue credentials for.
- Click "Turn editing on".
- Click "Add an activity or resource" under the topic.
- Select "Accredible certificates".
- There are three issuing options you can select from here:
a) Manually issue certificates and badges by selecting students' names. Only students that don't already have a credential will appear here.
b) Choose the Quiz Activity that represents the final exam, and set a minimum grade requirement. Certificates/Badges will get issued as soon as the student receives a grade above the threshold.
c) Choose for a student to receive their certificate/badge when they complete the course if you've set up completion tracking.
- If you set both types of auto-issue criteria, completing either will issue a certificate/badge.
- Make sure you don't allow students to set their completion of the Accredible activity or they'll be able to issue their own certificates/badges.
6. Click "Save and return to course" or "Save and display".
Selecting a Design
Once you have created an Accredible Item for your Moodle course, you will need to do the following:
- Sign in to your Accredible dashboard.
- Adding an Accredible Item to your Moodle course will have auto-created a group on the Accredible dashboard. Click "Group Settings".
- Select a Certificate and/or Badge design for the group. Read our in-depth article on this topic here: How Do I Create a Certificate Design?
- Click "Save".
No credentials will be created until you allocate a design to the group automatically created within Accredible. Failure to do so will result in students not receiving their badge and/or certificate.
How Will My Students Recieve their Credential?
If you selected an auto-issuing option whens settings up your Accredible item, certificates will now be automatically sent to recipients based on this criteria.
If you manually issue a credential to a student, this credential will need to be published within Accredible:
- Go to the ‘Credential List’ tab within the Accredible dashboard.
- Tick the boxes next to the student's name.
- Click the ‘Publish’ button.
Has this article helped you? Let us know!
If you would like to tell us about any improvements you feel could be made to this page, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.