By default, Accredible sends emails on your behalf. However, you can tell Accredible to send mail through any other SMTP server.
Using another SMTP server will allow you to:
- Have better delivery results - all emails will come from your server so that you are in control of any settings that can help deliver to your recipients.
- Have the emails come from your domain address rather than Accredible's - this is good for branding and will potentially help avoid recipients' spam filters.
- Still customize your email appearance and templates on Accredible, even though the emails are then outsourced to your server.
Accredible won't be able to report email bounces. The email bounce data in our data analytics will no longer be accurate as we will no longer have access to the triggers for this information.
Important Note: SMTP Override Settings is not available on Free Trial accounts.
Set Up SMTP Overrides
- Click on 'Emails' at the top of your Accredible dashboard
- In the left-hand sidebar menu, click on 'SMTP Overrides'
- Fill in the required information for the target SMTP server of your choice and click 'Save'.
You can use the 'Send Test Email' function to ensure that your SMTP overrides are setup correctly.
You may also need to check your target inbox to ensure that SMTP settings are correctly enabled here as well. For more information on how to do this, here are further articles related to lead email providers:
Outlook and Microsoft Office (Coming Soon)Important Notes
- You should avoid using Port 25 if that is an option for your SMTP configuration.
- DKIM or SPF settings you previously configured with Accredible will no longer affect delivery since emails will be sent from your server instead of Accredible's.
Has this article helped you? Let us know!
If you would like to tell us about any improvements you feel could be made to this page, you can email us at email@example.com.