You've won your credential, now it's time to show it off. Make sure to add your certificate or badge to LinkedIn so that everyone can see it!
If The LinkedIn Options are Hidden
If the options mentioned in the article below are hidden, you will need to sign in to your credential to use them. Use this article here to log into your credential and view hidden options: How Do I View Hidden Options?
Important Note: If after signing in the LinkedIn options are still not visible, this means your issuer has disabled them completely.
Two Ways of Adding Your Credential to LinkedIn
Share to LinkedIn
Create a post about your credential that will appear to you connections in your LinkedIn Newsfeed.
- Click on the LinkedIn 'Share' button at the bottom of the credential window. If you are not already logged in to your LinkedIn account you will be prompted to do so.
- You will then be taken to LinkedIn's site where you can choose to share as a post or as a private message.
- Write a message to accompany your certificate in your post or message and click Post/Send.
You will then have a lovely big statement about your achievement that is visible to all your connections. Do bear in mind though that as time goes by this will drop through the newsfeed and become less visible.
Add to LinkedIn Profile
- Click on '...' option at the bottom of the credential window, then from the pop-up menu that appears, click 'Add to LinkedIn Profile'
- A pop-up window will appear. Click the 'Add to my profile' button.
- Your credential information will be automatically carried over to the 'License and Certification form in LinkedIn. Click 'Save'
- Your credential will then appear on your LinkedIn profile for as long as you would like it to be there, and anyone that clicks on the link will be taken straight to your credential view where it can be verified.
Good to Know:
The Thumbnail for your credential on your LinkedIn profile will be your issuer's logo, not your credential. This behavior is determined by the LinkedIn platform
Has this article helped you? Let us know!
If you would like to tell us about any improvements you feel could be made to this page, you can email us at email@example.com.