Once you have your integration setup, it's time to start issuing credentials!
If you have not yet set up the Moodle integration with Accredible, here is our guide to getting you up and running: Setting Up the Moodle Integration with Accredible
Creating a Certificate or Badge
Credentials groups need to have been created in the Accredible Dashboard before credentials can be issued. If none appear, check your API Key to make sure the integration is set up correctly.
For guidance on how to create a group, check out this article: How Do I Create a Group?
Now that the plugin is installed, you are ready to add an Accredible Item:
- Navigate to the course on Moodle that you would like to issue credentials for.
- Click "Turn editing on."
- Click "Add an activity or resource" under the topic.
- Select "Accredible certificates."
- Use the drop-down menu for 'Accredible Group' to select the group you wish credentials to be created in.
- There are three issuing options you can select from here:
a) Manually issue certificates and badges by selecting students' names. Only students that don't already have a credential will appear here.
b) Choose the Quiz Activity that represents the final exam, and set a minimum grade requirement. Certificates/Badges will get issued as soon as the student receives a grade above the threshold.
c) Choose for a student to receive their certificate/badge when completing the course if you've set up completion tracking.
- If you set both types of auto-issue criteria, completing either will issue a certificate/badge.
- Make sure you don't allow students to set their completion of the Accredible activity, or they'll be able to issue their own certificates/badges.
6. Click "Save and return to course" or "Save and display."
How Will My Students Receive their Credential?
If you selected an auto-issuing option when settings up your Accredible item, certificates will now be automatically sent to recipients based on these criteria.
If you manually issue a credential to a student, this credential will need to be published within Accredible:
- Go to the 'Credential List' tab within the Accredible dashboard.
- Tick the boxes next to the student's name.
- Click the 'Publish' button.
Has this article helped you? Let us know!
If you would like to tell us about any improvements you feel could be made to this page, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.