Some credentials are for selected eyes only, so when you publish these types of credentials you want them to be private.
The Default Privacy Setting
You can select which credentials you wish to be issued as private. This is done by group:
- Go to 'Groups' at the top of the Accredible Dashboard.
- Navigate to the group you would like to issue credentials privately and click on 'Group Settings.'
- In the left-hand sidebar menu, click on 'Visibility.'
- The first setting on this page, 'Privacy - Default,' allows you to turn the default privacy when issuing credentials on and off.
- Click 'Save' at the bottom of the page.
Does This Effect Already Published Credentials?
No, the privacy for credentials that are already published is in the control of the recipient. The 'Privacy - Default' setting only affects credentials published after this setting has been changed.
If you have issued credentials publicly but decide that the credential needs to be private, you will need to contact the recipient and change the privacy themselves.
For instructions on how recipients can change the privacy for their own credentials, see the section below.
Can the Recipient Change the Privacy of the Credential
Yes, one of the options on your recipients' credential view is to change the privacy setting of their credentials. For more information on this, check out our help article here: How Do I Make My Credential Private/Public?
The Credential Needs to be Kept Private. I Don't Want The Recipient to Make The Credential Public.
You can disable the credential privacy toggle on your recipients' credential view so that they cannot change the privacy, and it remains as the default you publish with.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This setting will apply to all of your recipients. So if you have multiple groups, some issuing as public and some issuing as private, you will also be preventing the recipients of public credentials from changing their credentials if they wish.
In the interest of your recipients' ability to control the privacy of their credentials, we only recommend disabling the Privacy option if it is crucial that the credentials you are issuing remain private:
- Go to the Main Menu by clicking on your name at the top right-hand corner of the Accredible Dashboard, click 'Settings.'
- In the left-hand sidebar menu, click on 'My Recipient's Experience'.
Scroll down the page until you find the 'Manage Credential Privacy' option and change the setting to 'Don't show.' Click 'Save' at the bottom of the page.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The 'My Recipient's Experience' settings are only available to issuers on a Plus or Premium Plan.
Has this article helped you? Let us know!
If you would like to tell us about any improvements you feel could be made to this page, you can email us at email@example.com.