Here is our guide to getting your integration up and running.
This Blackboard LTI plugin allows you to issue credentials to students in your course grade book directly from Blackboard.
LTI Plugin Configuration
- Go to “System Admin” and click “LTI Tool Providers"
- Click “Register LTI 1.3/Advantage Tool"
- Copy our client ID (application ID) on the integration detail page.
- Paste our client ID (application ID) and submit the form.
- Copy our API Key on the integration detail page.
- Enter “api_key=[YOUR_API_KEY]“ in Tool Provider Custom Parameters and click the submit button.
- On your Administrator Panel, click “REST API Integrations”. *Requires admin level role in Blackboard
- Select "End User Access" = Yes and submit the form.
- Go to the Content page of a course. Find Accredible from the “Build Content“ options and click it.
- Enter a content name and hit the save button. The Accredible content will be added to the course page.
- Click the Accredible content in the course. Authorize requested OAuth permissions for Accredible integration.
- Select a group from Accredible to issue to, then select the column from the grade book that you wish to use in your credential.
Auto Issuing Credentials
Now we will configure auto-issuance using the Adaptive Release function in Blackboard.
NOTE: If the Adaptive Release is not enabled, all students will be able to receive credentials when they click the Accredible tool link.
- On the Course Content page under Accredible, click the gray arrow.
- Choose Adaptive Release in the drop-down.
- Once on the Adaptive Release page, scroll down until you see the GRADE option.
- Choose the Grade column and Pass Condition that needs to be met for the credential to be issued.
- Click Submit to save the change.
If a student meets the requirements you have set, all they need to do to gain their credential is click the Accredible Content item and a credential will be generated:
Has this article helped you? Let us know!
If you would like to tell us about any improvements you feel could be made to this page, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.