Here is our guide to getting your integration up and running.
This Blackboard LTI plugin allows you to issue credentials to students in your course grade book directly from Blackboard.
If you're using Blackboard Ultra, follow the same steps with additional configuration after Step 8.
LTI Plugin Configuration
- Go to System Admin and click LTI Tool Providers.
- Click Register LTI 1.3/Advantage Tool.
- Copy your Client ID (Application ID) on the Integration detail page.
- Paste your Client ID (Application ID) and submit the form.
- Copy your API Key on the Integration detail page.
- Enter “api_key=[YOUR_API_KEY]“ in Tool Provider Custom Parameters, ensure Tool Status is set to Approved.
For Institution Policy, ensure all User Fields to Send are checked and Allow grade service access is checked.
- On your Administrator Panel, click REST API Integrations, then select Create Integration.
*Requires admin-level role in Blackboard.
- Application ID will be your Client ID (located on in Integration detail page).
Learn User will be an administrator within Blackboard.
Select Yes for End User Access and submit the form.
If you are using Blackboard Ultra, continue the configuration here:
Blackboard Ultra LTI Setup Continuation
- Go to the Content page of a course. Find Accredible from the Build Content options and click it.
- Enter a content name and hit the Save button. The Accredible content will be added to the course page.
- Click the Accredible content in the course. Authorize requested OAuth permissions for Accredible integration by clicking Allow.
- Select a group from Accredible to issue to, then select the column from the grade book you wish to use in your credential.
Auto Issuing Credentials
Now we will configure auto-issuance using the Adaptive Release function in Blackboard.
NOTE: If the Adaptive Release is not enabled, all students will be able to receive credentials when they click the Accredible tool link.
- On the Course Content page under Accredible, click the gray arrow.
- Choose Adaptive Release in the drop-down.
- Once on the Adaptive Release page, scroll down until you see the GRADE option.
- Choose the Grade column and Pass Condition that needs to be met for the credential to be issued.
- Click Submit to save the change.
If a student meets the requirements you have set, all they need to do to gain their credential is click the Accredible Content item, and a credential will be generated:
Has this article helped you? Let us know!
If you would like to tell us about any improvements you feel could be made to this page, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.