Want to offer course completion certificates, micro-credentials, open badges, and blockchain credentials for your Canvas course? This article explains how.
Accredible Shared Secret and Consumer Key
To set up the integration, you will need your Accredible Shared Secret and Consumer Key. Here is how to find them:
- Select 'Integrations' from the menu at the top of your ACMS dashboard.
- Input 'Canvas' into the 'Search for integrations' search bar.
- Click on 'View Details' on the Canvas Item.
- Your Consumer Key and Shared Secret will be visible on the right-hand side of the page.
- Select 'Courses' from the left-hand side menu in Canvas, and then select the relevant course from the options.
- Click 'Settings' from the bottom of the list on the left-hand side.
- Select the 'Apps' tab from the top of the page to enter the App Center.
- Find and select the appropriate Accredible app for your account, then click ‘+ Add App’:
a) Accredible Certificates & Badges should be used by issuers on the US Server.
b) Accredible Certificates & Badges (EU) should be used by issuers on the EU Server.
- Input the Consumer Key and Shared Secret into the form and name the app 'Accredible', then click 'Add App'.
- Enter your Canvas Instance URL into the 'Your Canvas URL' field in Accredible. This is where you obtained your Consumer Key and Shared Secret, and press 'Save'.
- The server your account is on is not related to your geographical location.
- If you are unsure which server your account is on please contact email@example.com.
Time to Issue Credentials!
You've installed the plugin, now it's time to automatically issue credentials from your Canvas instance via Accredible. Be sure to check out our next article for more information on how exactly your recipients receive their credentials: How Credential are Issued through the Canvas Integration with Accredible
Has this article helped you? Let us know!
If you would like to tell us about any improvements you feel could be made to this page, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.