This integration provides an easy and flexible way to issue certificates and badges through the Moodle LMS. Keep reading to find out how you can set it up.
Accredible API Key
To set up the integration, you will need your Accredible API Key. Here is how to find it:
- Click on your name in the right-hand corner of the Accredible Dashboard, a drop-down menu will appear. Select Settings from the menu.
- At the bottom left-hand corner of the Department Settings page, click on API Management.
- Click on Manage API Keys. This page will allow you to both access existing API keys and create new API keys to use to integrate and connect.
Installing the Plugin Manually via GitHub
There are two methods for adding the plugin to your mod folder:
1. If you have Git installed, simply visit the Moodle /mod directory and clone this repo:
git clone https://github.com/accredible/moodle-mod_accredible.git accredible
2. Download the Zip:
a) Visit https://github.com/accredible/moodle-mod_accredible and download the zip.
b) Extract the zip file's contents and rename it accredible. You need to rename it for the plugin to work.
c) Place the folder in your /mod folder, inside your Moodle directory.
Installing the Plugin via Moodle Plugin Directory (recommended)
- Select Site Administration from the left-hand side navigation.
- Click on Plugins -> Install plugins.
- Click Install plugin from the Moodle plugins directory.
- Search for "Accredible" and select the Accredible plugin, which will direct you to the Accredible plugin page.
- Click Install now.
- You'll be directed to the Moodle plugin page. Click Install now.
- Click Continue on the Confirmation dialog box.
- After successful validation, click Continue.
- Click Upgrade Moodle database now.
- After the database has been synced, click Continue.
- Enter your API Key when prompted. Then click Save changes.
Additional Steps for EU-Hosted Accredible Accounts
- If your Accredible account is hosted on the EU server, head over to Site Administration -> Plugins -> Plugins Overview.
- Click on Settings for the Accredible module.
- Tick the EU (Frankfurt) Server box, then click Save changes.
- The server your account is on is not related to your geographical location.
- If you are unsure which server your account is on please contact email@example.com.
Time to Issue Credentials!
You've installed the plugin, now it's time to automatically issue credentials from your Moodle instance via Accredible. Be sure to check out our next article for more information on how exactly your recipients receive their credentials: Issuing Credentials through the Moodle Integration with Accredible
Has this article helped you? Let us know!
If you would like to tell us about any improvements you feel could be made to this page, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.