If you have purchased the Branding Package or Premium White Labelling package, make sure to set up your custom URL.
This feature is available on our Connect and Growth Plans.
What is a Custom URL?
By default, your recipients visit their credentials on www.credential.net. By purchasing our Branding Package or Premium White Labelling package, you can make it look like your recipients never left your website domain.
The credentials will still be hosted on our system at credential.net. However, a custom URL will disguise this and make it appear as if they are being hosted on your domain instead.
Set Up a Custom URL
- Choose your domain name. We recommend something like certificates.yourdomain.com.
Important Note: You won’t be able to display anything else on this particular subdomain.
- CNAME your desired subdomain to:
- www5.credential.net for US server customers
- eu.credential.net for EU server customers
- employment.accredible.com for Spotlight Directory
If you are unsure whether you are a US or EU server customer, please contact email@example.com.
3. When the CNAME is set up on your side, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, letting us know:
- Your account ID: this is the number that appears in the drop-down menu at the top right-hand corner of your dashboard.
- The CNAME you have set up.
- Our team will complete the configuration from our side. This may take up to three working days to process.
What is a CNAME?
A Canonical Name record (abbreviated as a CNAME record) is a type of resource record in the Domain Name System used to specify that a domain name is an alias for another domain (the 'canonical' domain).
If you need to change the custom UR that your credentials are hosted on, please contact email@example.com.
Once your custom URL is set up, you can then control which credentials can be shown on credential wallets hosted on it.
All Accredible issuers
Your recipients may have credentials issued from several different Accredible issuers. By setting the credential visibility to 'All Accredible issuers,' you will allow all of these credentials to be visible on credential wallets hosted on your custom URL, regardless of whether they were issued by your organization or not.
Only this organization
If you do not want other issuers' credentials appearing in credential wallets hosted on your custom URL, changing credential visibility to 'Only this organization' will hide these credentials from wallets on your custom URL.
Only this department
This option is only available if your account has departments enabled. Changing credential visibility to 'Only this department' means that only credentials issued from the department you are currently working in will appear on the custom URL you have set up for this department.
Has this article helped you? Let us know!
If you would like to tell us about any improvements you feel could be made to this page, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.