Transcript letters are useful for providing a further breakdown of the achievement your recipients have earned
This feature is available on our Plus and Premium Plans.
The transcript letter your can generate on Accredible appears as a PDF and can contain information on course modules, assignments and tests that your students have undergone to complete this achievement. The transcript letter is populated using attributes.
This feature is fantastic as it enables a credential recipient to retrieve a transcript of their achievement via Accredible without one of your staff members needing to prepare it for them.
Designing And Setting Up A Transcript Letter
A transcript letter is specific to a group on Accredible. You will have to set up your design on the group you'd like it to be in effect for. You can, however, copy and paste the content if you want to recreate a transcript letter design for another group.
Your design can use standard design elements like links, images, styled text to produce an official-looking document. Most importantly, you can use credential attributes to programmatically drop-in data like the recipient's name and the grades.
- Go to 'Groups' at the top of the Accredible Dashboard.
- Navigate to the group that you would like to add the transcript letter to and click on 'Group Settings'.
- In the left-hand sidebar menu click on 'Advanced Settings', then 'Transcript Letter'.
- At the top of the page, toggle the transcript letter feature to 'on'.
- The transcript letter editor will appear ready for you to enter in the information would like to appear to your students. Click inside the editor to make the toolbar appear.
- Use the toolbar to enter text, images, links and even embed Youtube or Vimeo videos.
Using Attributes In the Transcript Letter
The transcript letter uses attributes just like in the certificate designer. This means that attributes like [recipient.name], [credential.issued_on] are easily available for you to use in your transcript letter design with just the default information on a credential. If you are not familiar with attributes you can read more about them here: A Guide to Attributes
In order to add a grade or course name information, you will need to add custom attributes. For more information on how to create custom attributes here is our article: Manage Attributes
We recommend using custom attribute names similar to the examples below.
Drop these custom attributes into the transcript letter editor in the places you want this information to appear.
After you have your transcript letter appearing how you want it to, the next time you publish credentials from this group make sure the spreadsheet you upload has data related to each of these attributes. You can then assign these data columns to the custom attribute your want them to populate. We have more information on how this is done here.
Important Note: Attributes on Transcript Letters that are not populated with data will appear on
Viewing a Transcript Letter
The option for a recipient to retrieve their credential letter will appear in the left-hand sidebar menu of their credential view.
Important Note: The view transcript letter option is only available to the recipient when they are logged into their credential.
Retrieving a Transcript Letter on a Recipient Behalf
- Go to 'Credentials' at the top of the Accredible Dashboard.
- Locate the credential you need to retrieve the transcript letter for.
- Click on the credential ID number.
- In the top right-hand corner of the credential, information page click on 'Recipient Sign In Link'.
- Copy and paste the link that appears into the address bar of your browser window and hit enter.
- On your recipients credential view click on the 'Transcript Letter' option in the left-hand sidebar menu.
Has this article helped you? Let us know!
If you would like to tell us about any improvements you feel could be made to this page, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.