Having trouble with the Moodle integration with Accredible? Here are some of the common problems you may encounter, and tips on how to tackle them.
First, check your integration is set up correctly by checking out these articles:
Why are Students Receiving the "Credential Not Ready" Error?
If a student has met the criteria set to receive a credential but seeing the "Credential Not Ready" message shown below, be sure to check your group settings within Accredible.
Adding an Accredible Item to your Moodle course will have auto-created a group on the Accredible dashboard. However, you must then assign a certificate and/or badge design to the group. If you fail to do so, recipients will be unable to receive their credentials.
How are Students Issuing Their Own Credentials?
There are three issuing options you can choose from when it comes to issuing credentials to your students, one of which is "activity completion". If you chose this option then allow students to mark activities as complete themselves, they will be able to issue their own credentials.
You can enable or disable students' ability to manually mark activities as complete in the settings for the Accredible item.
Why Does It Say “Achievement ID: ($a)” Not “Group ID” on My Accredible Item?
Adding an Accredible item to your Moodle course auto-creates a group on the Accredible dashboard, and assigns the Group ID to the item. You can view this Group ID when you open the Accredible Item within Accredible:
If the group is not being automatically created within Accredible, instead of the "Group ID" being displayed in the placement above, it will read "Achievement ID: ($a)". This issue is typically caused by improper setup.
Please do the following:
- Click "Site Administration" on the lefthand side of your Moodle instance.
- Select "Plugins" from the menu that appears in the middle of the screen.
- Click "Plugins overview".
- Find the "Accredible certificates & badges" plugin on the list.
- Check the "Notes" column to the right of the plugin. If you are being instructed to update the plugin, follow the prompts.
- Click the "Settings" option next to the plugin.
- Check that the box next to "EU (Frankfurt) Server" is:
- Ticked if you are on our EU Server
- Unticked if you are on our US Server
- Click "Save Changes".
- The server your account is on is not related to your geographical location.
- If you are unsure which server your account is on please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Aren’t My Credentials Being Published Automatically?
If you find that your credentials are being created within Accredible but are not being automatically published, check your API Settings:
- Click on your name in the right-hand corner of the Accredible Dashboard, a drop-down menu will appear. Select 'Settings' from the menu.
- Select 'API Management' from the menu on the left-hand side.
- Tick ' Automatically publish Credentials created via the API'.
- Click 'Save'.
Has this article helped you? Let us know!
If you would like to tell us about any improvements you feel could be made to this page, you can email us at email@example.com.