Having trouble with the Thinkific integration? Here are some of the common problems you may encounter, and tips on how to tackle them.
First, check your integration is set up correctly by checking out these articles:
Students not Receiving Their Credentials
If your students are experiencing problems receiving their credentials, there are a couple of things that you need to check:
Has the Recipient Pressed the Trigger?
With the Thinkific integration, students are issued a certificate in Accredible only upon clicking on the get my certificate button in the course or clicking on the view button on their Thinkific student account page.
Once your students complete a course, they are presented with the get my certificate button. If they don't click on the get my certificate button or view the certificate from their account page, the certificate will not be generated in Accredible.
Email Notification Settings
As standard, email notifications are set to off for all Thinkfic integrated accounts. This means that the certificate will be created when a student completes your course, but the student does not get an email notification from the Accredible system.
If you would like to turn on email notifications from Accredible upon course completion, check out our article here on how to achieve this: Turn On Emails Notifications from Accredible
Important Note: You can resend an email to all retroactive graduates who have not received the notification by clicking credentials in the top menu, then selecting all and hitting the resend email button.
Students Receiving the Error: "IssueCertificate: Unable to issue certificate for ########. Errors: #"
This error will look something like this when a student attempts to access their certificate:
This error can occur for three different reasons:
- It can occur when duplicate certificates are not enabled within your Accredible Group. So, first, make sure that duplicates are allowed. You can see how to update that setting here: Can I Allow Duplicate Credentials in a Group?
- If the Group Name and Group Identifier are the same names. Make sure these are unique if your students see this error.
- It can also occur if the original certificate was removed or if certificates were turned off for the course.
Why Aren’t My Credentials Being Published Automatically?
If you find that your credentials are being created within Accredible but are not being automatically published, check your API Settings:
- Click on your name in the right-hand corner of the Accredible Dashboard, a drop-down menu will appear. Select 'Settings' from the menu.
- Select 'API Management' from the menu on the left-hand side.
- Tick ' Automatically publish Credentials created via the API'.
- Click 'Save'.
Has this article helped you? Let us know!
If you would like to tell us about any improvements you feel could be made to this page, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.